The Franciscan Center, founded and continuing in the Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides transitional care for young men in need.
Our home-like atmosphere fosters a holistic approach toward personal growth and development.
On-going transformation through goal-setting leads to a re-integration into family life and/or independent living.
The Franciscan Center is certified by NYS Office of Children and Family Services. It is monitor by OCFS and Erie County Youth Bureau. We Measure our effectives by using NYS Touchstone life areas framework. Performance is measured by Result Based Accountability or RBA as required by Erie County Youth Bureau. The Program focus is to help the young men become self sufficient and a productive member of society.
- Executive Director – Fr. Joseph Bayne, OFM Conv jbayne [at] franciscancenterinc [dot] org
- Assistant Director / Case Manager – Maureen Armstrong moetfc [at] gmail [dot] com
- Administrative Assistant – Chris Giordano chrisg [at] franciscancenterinc [dot] org
- Finance/Grants Coordinator – Roger Papaj
Board of Directors
- Mark E. Saltarelli, Esq, Chair
- Richard Robinson Sr., Vice Chair
- Patricia A. Laszewski, R.N., Secretary
- Jean M. Nihill, Finance Chair
- Brother Brian Newbigging, OFM Conv.
- James E. Byrne
- Patricia E. Connolly
- Steven M. Sommers
- Nelson H. Cosgrove
- Brian Seifert
- Honorable Gerald Whalen
- M. Catherine (Cathy) Paladino
|Our original logo, created by Friar Joseph Dorniak, OFM Conv., captures our on-going mission, depicting St. Francis re-uniting Son and Father/Family. It serves as a reminder that The Franciscan Center was founded and is administered/sponsored by the Conventual Franciscan Friars of St. Anthony of Padua Province.||Our new logo, three inter-woven rings, bespeaks the Triune God and reminds us of our philosophy of addressing the needs of youth in “Mind, Body, and Spirit”, using the Franciscan Philosophy of Education via Information, Formation, and leading ultimately to Transformation.|